View Single Post
Old 08-12-2020, 10:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's pretty absurd that people think EQ raiding is harder than classic WOW. But there is the same group that think classic WOW is harder than retail and then never having played Mythic raids or high Mythic keystone dungeons.
The difficulty (and fun) in EverQuest is the leveling part, not explaining your path and figuring out where to go by yourself and how punishing dying is. But mechanically it really really isn't hard and it probably can't even be with the ancient netcode design.
Any new wow dungeon probably has more mechanics that you have to learn or dodge than the entirety of EQ or WOW classic.
Just a little extremely simplified example: there's a single dungeon boss where 4 members of your group have to enter the right random sequence of buttons within 5 seconds which is briefly shown mid fight or everyone dies amidst a myriad of other abilities and this happens multiple times throughout the fight. And this is not even a raid just a 5man dungeon
technicaly speakin latests xpacks of eq are still pve hardcore than wow .

since u proably know nothing of eq raid beyond luclin or pop let me explain u some stuff

Scripted raids on eq similar to wow did not happen untill god xpack aka gatest of discord

eq had raids where not only u have to move from a to z while presion few buttons u have scripted ridles raid and fuck even u had to do emotes .

Eq had bosses with Doom triggers , wich ranged from having xx hps u die or having to much mana u xx die. u have raids with auto resettin

some raids bosses like the one on udnerfoot u needed to reead a ten pages dopcument just to learn how fucking complex it`s

do you think wow innovated with cata final raid and deathwing fight ?.

the answer is no multi stage raids,

mythic dungueons? eq had these before wow was made . ldon was rather easy if u stick to minimum settin but top was pain and dont make me count of dragons of norrath or serpent shrine.

unlike wow eq had raid bosses wich took another expansion release to be able to be killed

Namely Tunat.

and dont make me u explain the fucking triun god raid because u and me would die of old age before i finish