View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 07:44 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMachine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At 34 I assume this will change with new root and pet. Will it go something like this . . .
pre-buff ac/hp/regen
1. send pet
2. Disease dot
3. poison dot
4. root
5. pull back pet
6. Start Canni if mana is low and hp are above 80%
7. re apply poison and root when needed

I havent leveled to 34 yet but i imagin this is how it will go. I am going to head over to OOT and try and camp a Ebon War Spear and give this method a shot. Let me know if you do things different.
You've got more or less the right idea, and you'll undoubtedly figure your tactics out in practice. A couple things to keep in mind:
1) Be careful you don't allow your pet to do more than 50% damage, or it'll take half your XP. The easiest way to ensure this is of course to wait until the mob is at 49% to sic your pet, but your DOTs will continue to tick after that point, so you can experiment with the best time to send in your pet without losing partial XP (the answer will vary based on your level and your target's HP).
2) It's sometimes more mana efficient to slow the mob your pet is tanking rather than burning your target down faster and/or having to heal your pet. I strongly recommend a downranked slow (I used Walking Sleep all the way to 50) because you probably don't need the higher-level, more expensive ones. Again, experiment to find the sweet spot where your pet does just under 50% damage without dying while you spend the least mana in the course of each fight.

Quick edit to add: I also recommend STR and haste buffing your pet. Some people think haste is a waste of mana and that it makes the pet more likely to inadvertently steal XP. I disagree, but again: experiment for yourself to decide what you think works best.
Last edited by Zelbor; 01-13-2020 at 07:47 PM..