View Single Post
Old 07-13-2021, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

If I were rolling a new char/alt I wouldn't start on Green at this point. We're likely a year and a couple months away from a merge with Blue. The main positive to rolling a new char on Green would have been population and ability to find groups as you level up. That no longer really exists on Green (for example, multiple days in the past couple weeks there have been no low level groups in Unrest, whether in the yard or the MR...Crushbone has been relatively empty as well, just to cite a couple of hotspots). Other areas that pre-Kunark (and right around its release) that still had people in them are now dead (Blackburrow, Karana bandit camps, EC orc camps surprisingly rarely camped, etc.).

As such, why roll on Green? Your leveling experience on a new char will be virtually the same as Blue from a population/ease of finding groups perspective, and you will pay much more money for gear etc. For new chars, roll Blue, have the same leveling experience and be able to buy good gear for very cheap since there's so much of it available.

For me, I have mostly abandoned my lowbie chars on Green and will pick them up for a bit once we merge with Blue. Right now I'm just focusing on my higher level characters on Green but even there it feels kind of pointless at this stage.