View Single Post
Old 10-12-2019, 10:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, still though. IMO if Luclin was just a raid destination, that would have been setting appropriate. Like yeah go through portal but it's some super special thing and then you have to fight the moon god or something and then you come back. But to make it just another mode of travel cheapens the whole deal. So now we have transporters, do we?

It's funny because I came back on and off after I Luclin-quit, and I did like the following expansions - I thought PoP, LoY, and LDoN were pretty well done and added some good stuff. If they just never released Luclin I might have stuck around another couple of years.
At that point why even do a moon, you already have Alter-Planes which fit in with the high fantasy themes and were existing. There is no reason to do a moon.

Note: Might be because players were highly critical of anything that was not new in each expansion, probably pushed the dev team to make silly choices to please them.

I fully agree with the portals or requiring a druid/wizard to port you there. Druids should have been the only class to take others to Plane of Growth.. they didn't put that in because they would technically be traitors, I bet. They didn't have this worked out to fit the game, at this point they were on the expansion kick. But yeah I agree, they were on a mission to cheapen the game and the experience of it by making questionable choices work, not in the sense of the existing fantasy world but simple to work. We already have discussions about how RPG mechanics were stripped with each expansion to chase the power gamer fantasy of strictly raiding. (its why titanium sucks)