View Single Post
Old 07-08-2018, 02:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Para99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's impossible for me to tell without the mez immunity messages that were on live in 2001
I was wondering should I make a separate bug report about this? Is it only relevant in case of a new server since presumably immunity messages for more than just mezzes will come with the Chardok patch? I can't find what date mez immunity messages started, but it was before October 8, 2001.

Quote:
OCTOBER 8, 2001
NPCs that were highly magic resistant in order to make them immune to certain spells can now be given specific immunity to those spells. This means that they can be made immune to critical spells, as intended, and still be generally less resistant to magic. Players will receive a message similar to the one that is already given for Mesmerization spells when they cast a spell on an NPC that it is specifically immune to.
Link

Prior to that patch, Abashi did say mez immune messages were "always" sent. To me, that makes it sound like they had been in game for quite a while before October 2001.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abashi
October 5, 2001
Players will now also receive messages when an NPC is immune to a particular type of spell, much like messages regarding mesmerization have always been sent.
Link