View Single Post
Old 05-18-2019, 09:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I completely agree, really. Hence my earlier statement that the server staff is probably well aware of what will happen and have something in mind. With a lot of game issues I'm certain they'd just shrug and wish the players would work things out for themselves, but this won't be one of them.

Honestly, if a player has their character start off in Faydwer they should just do the kelethin / felwithe mail run from levels 1-9 in a straight line. I know that sounds demented but you're in full control of getting your levels + spending cash without having to rely on the bats and other mobs that will be badly contested. Around level 8 is where things drop off sharply, but 9 will probably be worth it.
mail quests are fine but when you get 9 that means you're screwed because those are the zones that are goign to be hit with bards the hardest.

If you dont wait in line to join one of the 3 or4 groups camping in one of the like 8 "dungeon" zones that exist in those levels, you're going to be out in one of the other 15 zones that are filled with bards and no mobs. BB, Lfay, Karanas, Ro, oasis... the only place you can level is going to be the friggen swamp cus of the water lol

if its a problem there will be no solution beyond nerfing bards...

Someone said there are plenty of zones, but that is not at all true with classic lol you reach max population around 1300 players in classic, and by max I mean a pond group in Mistmoor, a canyon group in misstmore, and a nook group (thats that 3 spawn under the tower) in mistmoore.. a GY group, a Canion2 group, a CE group, and then everyone is too afraid to go in the castle except to pull or to maybe start a group in the garden, even though its been 7 years and theres nothing in there to be afraid of except adventure.

Yeah, i mean, IF bards are a problem, there is no homebrew solution.

To the unclassic ZEM id rather nerf bards to make them behave the way they behaved in classic than have unclassic ZEM! But that's just me! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]