View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 09:33 AM
Aviak

The problem still exists for me.

The odd thing is, it manifests in different ways:

- Server list is empty; solution is to go back to login and enter the PW until the serverlist shows

- Servers show, but crashing back to serverlist immediately after loading to charselect (no error message)

- Servers show, but an "unknown error" is shown when trying to load to charselect

- Loading into the game after selecting a char takes very long (sometimes several minutes) or never finishes; most of the time i zone reasonably fast

- Zoning sometimes takes very long or never finishes to load.

Especially on the last symptom i questioned guildies and DaP folks (since they zone alot and have people in group zoning with them) and many confirm having problems zoning lately.

I sometimes set up a ping -t www.project1999.com when it's really bad, and yes there are the occasional packet losses.
As Meulaar said, EQ is particularly sensitive to that and my guess is, if it happens at the wrong time (zoning, loading into the game, loading serverlist), the game crashes.
On the other hand, the problem didn't exist like 5 weeks ago. So something must have changed.

On the ISP-topic: i live in 2 homes, one in a city and one rural, 100km apart. So the problem would have to be regionwide, maybe even statewide. It's 2 seperate PCs, so i would say the odds that both EQ-Installtions go corrupt at the same time are rather low.
Guildies who confirmed having problems came from different countries all over Europa, but i can't say if the DaP people where all Euros or some American, too.
There could also be routing problems/latency over the Atlantic hubs?

Finally, someone on the forums (i think it was Loramin?) said, that P99-Staff are working on the EQ Network settings.

I hope someone with more knowledge can make use of all this.