View Single Post
Old 06-19-2020, 09:10 AM
Sarnak

Default Mage pet chain summoning on Blue is broken

Hello all,

I know this subject has already been discussed, but it really needs adressing.

55 magician here, I was trying to get some Thurg faction in Kael a few of days ago, and I had to zone to WL after pulling a single Frost Giant Berzerker that conned GREEN to me.

I tested this with the same mob a couple times. I used max or next to max level Vocarate: Air, Vocarate: Earth or focused Greater Conjuration: Earth pets buffed with Burnout IV and Shield of Lava before the mob was pulled

The only spell I cast on that mob was a Wrath of the Elements DoT, so it's not like I'd tried to debuff it half a dozen times with Malosi. I cast no nuke, no pet heal, no DS, nothing else during the fight. Not only did that mob kill my pet with about 50% hp left but the 2nd pet I summoned would not get aggro and the mob kept chasing me and hitting me.

At the moment, the only way us mages have in theory to take on mobs that will require more than 1 pet to kill is broken. I'm not going to turn this into a class envy post & bitch about some other class being able to solo just about any mob in the game, I don't care, more power to them. I would just like to be able to play my mage the way I could on live: Chain summon and send pet after pet on a mob until it is down to 20ish% hp before I would start nuking it.

Any of the tougher mobs in the Hole are impossible to solo for a magician since chain summoning & pet aggro is broken:
golems, rats, ghosts or named elemental or any 2 dark blue cons at the same time are a big no no. This sucks when you're soloing while LFG there, like I often do.

This is just not right. I've had absolutely 0 problem with aggro pulling mobs with wrath of the Elements / Scars of Sigil, I know my pet will get aggro the second it lands a hit on a mob, but when chain summoning, unless I use an earth pet AND earth pet root lands and lasts long enough I know there is now way I can make it even if I cast next to nothing on a mob.
Last edited by Vaarsuvius; 06-19-2020 at 09:13 AM..