View Single Post
Old 09-02-2020, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

OP is not doing anything wrong. Chain petting doesn't work the way some people think it should. I have also tried it in Kedge on a 50 mage, casting absolutely no spells, and the mob beelined for me until I gated or died. I didn't cast offensive spells on the target and I didn't buff or heal the pet before summoning a second one.

From http://wiki.project1999.com/Magician#Chain_Casting
Quote:
Unfortunately, the way agro current works on P99, this strategy is not very effective. When a pet dies, all of the hate that it built up seems to be applied directly to the caster (instead of "lost"). This means that a newly summoned pet will have very little chance of peeling the mob off of the caster. This has been reported as a bug, but has yet to be acknowledged as one (as of 6/23/20).
I believe the mage is being kept at the same aggro level as the pet 100% of the time and the only reason the mob doesn't come for the mage is that the pet is already in melee range. People think the mage should have minimal aggro, but that's not happening. If this tactic is, in fact, classic, then the mechanics that enable it are not in effect on P99.
Last edited by Videri; 09-02-2020 at 01:30 PM..