Thread: Spells: Eye of Zomm
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 06:49 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
?? Holgresh elder beads came out in Velious from the flying monkey caves in wakening lands. That article is from 2001, which is before Luclin.
Zam said it was Luclin. I was mistaken.

However, using Zomm as a pulling tool is good for "other" classes diminishes its utility for magicians and wizards who by design can be extremely vulnerable in situations where there might be several mobs around a corner.

Despite how it might be useful for "pulling" I highly doubt this was its intended purpose. Especially considering the elder beads did not come out until Velious.

Some things don't make sense even in classic. I argue that this is one of them.

I understand that they may have been KOS in pure classic (I do not remember) but it's frustrating that it takes away from the classes who were intended to get the spell in the first place.

Places where Zomm is useful as non-aggro:

* Scouting
* Tapping for necros
* /assist for targeting, splitting

Places where Zomm is useful as aggro:

* Tapping for necros
* Pulling for melees only

Zomm becomes a tool for melees and removes the desire for groups wanting classes that can cast it in Classic and Velious for scouting and splitting.

The only reason it's even being considered for pulling is because of these elder beads. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

For example, using it in Chardok was great because we could peek inside the castle to check for roaming adds for when we pulled one of the guys on top of the fort entrance. That's good utility and emphasizes the strong points provided by unique spells like this.
Last edited by Ropethunder; 03-28-2011 at 06:52 PM..