View Single Post
Old 03-25-2023, 07:07 PM
Planar Protector

Maybe my question was more pointed towards how you would treat actual players in a multiplayer setting rather than NPCs. That being said, the thought of going into a school full of NPC children and gunning them down still seems sadistic. Yes I know they aren’t real, but that doesn’t change the fact that you are willingly doing this for enjoyment.

Back when Kunark was first released on live, I was strolling through the Dreadlands on my halfling Druid, when I came upon a fallen Giant. Upon inspection, I noticed there was a Treeweave tunic on him, so I happily took it. Not 3 minutes had passed and I was on my way, when a panicked shout came across my screen. “Please whoever took the Treeweave please give it back, that was intended for my alt”. I remained silent and kept the tunic for myself. Did I feel guilty about it? Not really. Was it theft? Maybe, hard to say.

Now that i am 22 years older, I probably would have given it back. I just feel like it’s the right thing to do, but back then it wasnt happening.