Thread: Game Mechanics: Social / Charmed Pet Aggro
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 01:36 AM
Aviak

All of what Jete has said above is true and was one of the main reasons I enjoyed my bard so much back in the POP times. I could not find any other videos showing the way it was done or "evidence" of how swarm kiting worked in the past.

All I can tell you is that you could aggro 10 or so mobs, charm one and the other 9 would instantly attack your pet. Once your pet was at about 5 or 10% you would invis to break charm and then kill that low hp mob with your dot's while they all followed you in your path. Once mob #1 was dead you would rinse and repeat and the aggro would always be on the charmed pet and the bard would never have a mob on him while he had a charmed creature. As another note if this helps Dev's figure out the issue, if another player ran close to your swarm as you kited it there was always a very high chance the aggro of the additional mobs you have not yet done damage to would aggro that player. Im new to the server so I do not know what the actual issue is in which makes this not possible, but could it be the way as to mobs seem to aggro here?

Jeice - Gnome Necromancer
Winkyfeet - Halfelf Bard

Disclaimer: Not to be confused with the ranger Jiece, who seems to have incorrectly spelled my name.