View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 12:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephirith [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Druid: Many well-geared, experienced players beyond level 50 generally won't actively seek to group with you. Lots of people care very strongly about group efficiency. That said, though it may be slightly harder to find groups, if you are a likable person and a good player, and make an effort to make friends, you'll find groups well enough I think. I did it on a ranger. Duos quite well with some classes. People are slightly less stingy about druids than the forums suggest, I think.

Mage: Popular dps class for groups, powerful soloist but you need to jump through hoops to avoid the pet xp penalty. Laid back class, good at farming, cheap to gear.

Monk: One of the most powerful all-around classes in the game. Decent soloing, good dps, good mitigation, excellent pullers. Cheap to gear moderately, extremely expensive to gear well.

Paladin: Terrible class for anything other than situational usefullness and/or the flavor of playing one. You have excellent snap agro and good mitigation, but in almost all situations a monk or a warrior would be a better choice. You'll be able to get groups anway because it's nice to have a hybrid tanking for a full group, but the higher you get, the more frustrated you may be by a monk just being better than you at almost everything.

Shaman: Another of the most powerful, OP classes in the game. Excellent soloist at later levels, very desirable in groups and many different duo comps. Cheap to gear, easy epic. You may find grouping boring, being a buff bitch, but nobody is forcing you to do that. Find a twinked monk butt-buddy and duo to 60.

In your situation I would go with the shaman because I love the class. Very powerful, and it's fun be calm and calculating as you slowly kill mobs with your spells and utterly neuter a mob's ability to do damage. Feel like soloing? Solo. Feel like grouping? Can get a group quickly, or make one easily.

Monk is also a good choice if you want to be more active, running around, pulling stuff, hitting things with weapons and just making a mess of things. Bonus points if you go afk every 10 mins to take a bong rip.

Ahh, so you've grouped with me. .