View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacman08 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmm I guess I've always done it different. I get three types of outcomes: 1) Charm breaks early and I have to decide to switch to Lightning strike or recharm, 2) My stronger pet wins by a large margin and just use him again on a second foe, or 3) my weaker/half dead pet is losing badly and I nuke the foe before my pet dies.
Well, that happens with charm fighting: ideally you get a bunch of mobs of the same level (like bear pits in Permafrost), but when you don't you have to make it work (the ways you mentioned).

But in either #2 or #3 you should still break charm. Ideally when charm fighting you want to break charm every time before anything dies, so you get full XP for both mobs.

Snaring things beforehand can make it a lot easier to break charm without the mobs killing you: ideally you can break when both are <20% and running (but snared and going nowhere), as that's completely safe. The ring helps make that happen. Honestly I know how lame the ring sounds, but there is literally no item I would recommend more (not even a Fungi Tunic) for leveling a Druid up to 45 ... and I say that having leveled a Druid with both.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.