Thread: GCD Resetter?
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 02:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarlerop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Regarding the star of eyes; will this be made when the rod pieces are combined? And can a troll shaman start this quest dialogue?
Any race and any class can get this item. I obtained it on my iksar shaman and DE necromancer. I simply picked up all the rod pieces first, then hailed the quest giver, obtained the bag, combined the bag, and that gave me the star and the staff on my mouse cursor. You can go sell the staff to a merchant and keep the star of eyes and the quest is done for you at that stage.

There are two extremely difficult parts to this quest, but the rest is a joke. Getting the rod in the Hand room in lower guk is a serious business if no one is keeping the room despawned. The bright side of this is that the hand is spawned right next to a rather tough ghoul frog, so it's a simple matter of a necromancer or enchanter of the appropriate level charming one to kill the other and then finishing off the charmed target.

Or. Have both types of invis on your character (if that still works on this server) to get the rod and then get out.

The other hard part is the rod piece in Everfrost caverns if Miragul's Lich is spawned. He has a massive detection range and has an absurd amount of health. I attempted him solo with my lower 50's necromancer and barely escaped with my life. I then attempted to train the lich into some Barbarian guards. He will not leash out to that distance.

A very kind level 60 necromancer farming Ice Giants agreed to go kill him while I held his camp until his return. He pulled it off, but reported that it required nearly all of his mana to both put spells on Miragul and keep his Spectre pet alive through the fight. He was happy it worked and stated it was one of the more challenging fights he pulled off in a while.

So... if Miragul's Lich is up, you're out of luck for the rod piece unless you have balls of steel in understanding his pathing, speed, and can reach it without him seeing you (he sees through all invis). All the other rod pieces are easy as hell to obtain with some invis and some water breathing. A mage summoning like 3 waterstones would make it possible for any class to get them.