View Single Post
Old 12-27-2019, 10:45 PM
Large Bat

Default Cerlic Starting Stats - Are Stamina & Chrisma really JUST a min/max choice?

I'm planning on making a Cleric (still not sure whether he will be a High Elf or a Dark Elf) and I keep seeing people say that most people should spend 25 starting points on Wisdom (the last 5 seems to be a tossup) and that only Min/Maxers would pump Stamina and/or Charisma at character creation. But, is that really true? I'm still new to EQ, but I have put in a few hundred hours at this point. So far I am NEVER full Mana in a group except for the very beginning of it and then the advantage is gone. So, I get like 1 extra cast over a period lasting hours. Meanwhile, I go full Health many times during that period, making me think Stamina is actually more useful. And Charisma, well, I've read some threads that seem to show it is fairly important for Clerics; certainly more important than 1 extra cast every X number of hours.

So, is the conventional wisdom that Wisdom (hehe) at character creation is the casual choice really correct? Or is it simply a bad choice? Because even as someone who has yet to raid it seems like a bad thing to spend my starting points on.
Last edited by Sonnenkrieger; 12-27-2019 at 11:05 PM..