Thread: Newbie SK
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2021, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the SK race choice is most tough of all. Iksars are cool though.

Animation is not an issue, who gives a shit about that lol.

Their combo of regen and decent intelligence makes them a cool choice, and being the strongest non fat bastard is helpful too.

Not sure about missing the blood ember effects. Seems inconvenient but not significant.

Not sure how the innate AC bonus impacts their damage flow. Might be worth the trouble.

I think they're arguably the best race for SK, better than troll for sure in my book.

Ogre is the tough one because of the frontal stun bonus.
Blood Ember Greaves, Gauntlets (and sometimes Boots) are better than Greenmist and the small AC bonus IMO. If you want the regen, just go Troll so you can still use Blood Ember. Having a no mana cost FD is great in a lot of situations to save you mana (or save you from dying if you are OOM). Same with the gloves, they are great for saving tons of mana on snare, and mana is usually the Shadowknight's biggest bottleneck.

The issue with Greenmist is stacking it with Epic isn't very useful unless you happen to proc both within the first or second tick of the Epic. Otherwise, you do not get that much more life than if you just re-proced Epic. The only good thing about Greenmist is it is easier to get than Epic, so I guess it's decent for a player who never plans on doing raiding of any kind. But if you ever change your mind on that (this game is a long one, so you may change your stance on raiding over time), it may be discouraging.