View Single Post
Old 07-02-2020, 01:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrified Wood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That pretty much is a accurate rundown of determining what race is "best" of the two, well put imo. Personally I think being happy with how you look is very important considering you are gonna be the one staring at your character for hours/days/weeks/months/years on end. Unless there is a huge advantage for a particular race/class combo I have always chosen my race by considering how I want to look, play etc. I had the option to go for a Iksar monk on p99 this last year and despite being told by everyone to go iksar, I picked a human since I did not have one yet and I was gonna be the one to live with my choice. I have no regrets now that I am lvl 60, I can do anything a Iksar can do at this point but I also do it rocking a sweet eyepatch! lol
I wish more people made that choice with other classes. I see way too many people rocking Ogre for Shadow Knights even though Troll and Dark Elf fit the "evil bastard" role a lot better, IMO. I mean sure, some probably like the look of an Ogre, but...eh, I dunno, I don't see why. Troll has much meaner looking facial expressions, IMO.

FSI really isn't that great compared to every other racial. That shouldn't be reason alone to pick Ogre with no questions asked.