View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 04:50 AM
Sarnak

Sounds like this is the MMO for you! Welcome man! This is the only game that took me away from my new favorite game of all time that I was putting so many hours into. (Dark Souls) No matter how hard the game is as long as it's satisfying and rewarding while feeling like you are gaining skill it's a perfect game IMO. Well, not perfect, but yeah. It's amazing really. It's amazing that this old ass game is still much better than any recent MMO by far to me. All the more recent ones are just insulting to the player. Solid gameplay, interesting lore, graphics fit even though they are outdated (you can improve them to look very nice without changing them to anything unclassic), rewarding, and when you die it's usually your fault. (not always the case. stupid aggro through walls) Get better or get owned. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Now if you know Dark Souls you can see why it sits so well with me. There's not much more satisfying than a well put together group with players all doing their parts and having the mobs and xp coming in left and right.

Also, keep an open mind. Give the game and yourself some time. It's not about instant reward and hand holding here. You wont be level 30 in 3 hours.

Most importantly, engage with the community and learn. This game is very centered around community and banding together to beat the odds. (although soloing is definitely a thing and you can lone wolf it on downtime if you pick your battles or find some quests.)

And don't forget to add smiley faces at the end of your sentences here and there. ;D A /smile and a /hug goes a long way! People usually don't mind helping you out especially in the early levels as long as you are grateful. Simply not saying thanks or acknowledging someones help can put you on someone's shit list. Reputation can be important here and it's a pretty small world.

Best of luck in your adventures!