View Single Post
Old 11-17-2017, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellringer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Believing rando scrubs on everquest forums complaining about wanting to make the game easier for them just isn't enough evidence for me.

From personal experience, I remember being able to interrupt mobs with kick with a 100% chance until velious was introduced. It wasn't a level issue, it was a change in mechanics that were released in velious. Could I be 100% accurate? no.

I do remember timing kicks and bashes to CHing worms in Halls of Testing and everyone pushing their ass off. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didnt. We also werent in near full BIS with the majority of the raid wearing a 41% haste item.
Uhhh, you realize you are a rando scrub on the internet saying this though, right? At some point we just gotta look at stuff and evaluate it and try and form an opinion on game mechanics. Again, there is some contradiction out there on some of the precise mechanics. I think if you put P99 in a time machne and use our mechanics people would be saying how insanely easy it is to interrupt with push... I think that is the main take away that something isn't right.

Maybe there was some client/server lag concerns and only a single round of melee was calculated into push, and bash / slam / kick also were added on top of that with a higher push value. Maybe there was some server tick stuff going on, I don't know exactly.

I am welcoming conversation on the topic, hope to catch a dev's ear with it and get some feedback on how push came to be as it is on P99.