View Single Post
Old 09-27-2019, 02:47 PM
Sarnak

Best case scenario for getting the torch is level 34. Gornit (level 30) can drop the toes. Solo a level 34 mage can drop him, otherwise they'll need a good solid group. Even if a mage gets the toes and can focus their level 29 pet the increased HP doesn't amount to that many more hits.

Level 29 fire pet is level 22-26. It has between 390-510HP; let's call it 450. A 10% standard boost to HP gives it an additional 45HP or around 2 more hits before it dies. My favorite zone around that level is Sol A, Runnyeye is a close 2nd. Mobs at this level hit for up to 50, fire pet will get hit for max more often than middle of the road. Hazarding a guess but mobs in other zones around this level hit for about the same.

Yes the fire pet is my favorite for levelling up to 50. I sold bone chips in order to purchase my focus items a few years ago. This won't be an option for awhile. If there's a better zone where the mobs don't hit as hard I'll edit my stance. The focus items are great (especially as a level 20 mage) but in the 30's and 40's their main benefit comes from being able to kill the pet instantly and finish a mob off with a low level nuke.