View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would be shocked to see anything like this on P99 after all the work that went into undoing these very changes
I would be shocked if they didn't implement the patch on P99 ... possibly circa 2020, but still.

The whole point of P99 is to re-create classic EverQuest. Every time I've ever heard "classic EverQuest" defined it's been "everything up to (but not including) Luclin". This makes perfect sense both because of the team's strong hatred of Luclin, and because we know they are working on post-Velious pre-Luclin changes right now.

So while I can't read Nilbog's mind, all indications that I've seen suggest that the patch should be considered classic, and thus will be implemented (someday). Whether or not they have to undo previous work is irrelevant, because this would not be the first patch to "undo" previous changes. In fact, they've previously explained that they created a whole system which allows them to cleanly apply patches which change things (because how else would Green roll out patches in a truly classic way?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, the question is what defines an 'era'?
Usually people refer to the (original) classic era as everything up to Kunark (ie. original release + all patches until Kunark). Similarly people refer to the Kunark era as everything up to Velious (Kunark release + all patches until Velious). Again, I can't read Nilbog's mind, but it would stand to reason that the final (Velious) era would extend from Velious's release + all patches until Luclin.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 12-06-2017 at 01:32 PM..