Thread: TAK project.
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We also need to recall that AK /= 'Classic', at least in the way it's described here. AK was its own beast, and TAK is looking to recreate AK at the point it was discontinued years ago, not necessarily 'Classic' 1999-2001, despite the numerous crossovers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In your rush to defend TAK, you missed the part where I wasn't criticising it.

I'm actually going to give it a try.
Quote:
My point was simply that the two projects are trying to recreate two different things - P99 trying to recreate EQ as it was immediately prior to Luclin launch in 2001 (ie. the Classic era), and TAK trying to recreate the Al'Kabor server at the point at which Sony pulled the plug.

Which one is more classic either now or if/when they reach their different stated objectives, wasn't my point at all.
Quote:
Eh, I'm fine. Thanks for asking.
It's always amusing when two people have an exchange, then one of them gets banned and has their posts removed, so it looks like the other person just sat there talking to themselves on the forum for no reason [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But once you get to 60, the content for a non-raider in Velious is extremely limited and the raid scene is a raging tire fire.
To be fair, you quit playing here before or around the great TMO split-up right? The server's raid scene improved significantly after that.

I still think "tire fire" can be used to describe the raid scene, but now it's more like a smoldering tire fire than a raging one [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-24-2018 at 04:19 PM..