View Single Post
Old 11-14-2020, 01:05 PM
Kobold

Try to file a petition yet? not sure what amount of technical support we can expect for a emulated server like this run by volunteers.. I am just grateful it exists.

This is an old game and they can't touch the client. Also the person who made the DLL isn't affiliated with P99 AFAIK, but he's around.

We don't know the metrics of what OS'es people use but I am willing to bet it's mostly Windows! Probably some linux too given that EQ has nerdy fans. rogan pls, metrics? graphs? open source some datasets and have the public make them for you?

I think accessibility is overall very important to a server and community like this; it can be its greatest asset.
You can be in-game in less than 2 minutes (make account on website, DL already set up thin-client approx 1gb total) and boom - you are in Brad's world now...

No payment barriers, no bullshit - the biggest barrier is the technical issues in running it and setting it up properly for performance.
The game could run on your smartphone, no doubt. People are already playing P99 on Chromebooks and this can be done on a phone as well.

For now I'll settle for getting it on my Mac... :3