View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 01:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks, so why would that not look good on a erudite? I am curious because I planned on making a erudite. I understand the custom velious helm is crap and most other helms have no graphic, but I can live with that.
The equipment should be fine. A friend played a female Erudite Paladin and the Thurgadin armor looked fine on it. Just don't turn in the custom helms. With no helm graphic you'll have the regular hood over your head like usual but that's not a problem. The tinted sets (Kael and Skyshrine) might have a somewhat different final hue because of the different base color of the Erudite velious plate compared to Human.

---------------------------------------------------

As for Shadow Knight races, in essence you have the experience-penalized races being the long-haul min-max choices, and the non-penalized races being there for folks who want a different look or maybe some additional convenience. Ogre/Troll/Iksar are all good with their own advantages, and any of them are better in the min-max sense than any of the other three--although players have a tendency to overstate the impact of race. Erudite/Dark Elf/Human likewise play so similarly as to be nearly interchangeable. Erudites and Humans, in particular, are almost identical in play. Dark Elves feel a little different due to having stronger (more resolutely evil-leaning) faction than the near-neutral Humans and Erudites. In the end all six will do all the same jobs, so don't feel as though you "must" pick one for some specific racial benefit. My own Shadow Knight is a Human. It's been 60 for more than 6 years and I remain well-satisfied with it. The Erudite will give you perfectly decent service if that's what you like.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 03-15-2019 at 01:30 AM..