View Single Post
Old 10-29-2020, 11:57 PM
Orc

After playing necro and a hybrid I can say that it mostly works in the way you posted, there seems to be a few things that mess up the swings on the hybrid even when casting, I believe it’s when a cast takes longer than the melee swing timer or if it’s a pc target spell such as a buff or heal etc bc you drop your attack target to do so. Haven’t tested it thoroughly but pretty sure that’s what I recall seeing/tracking. As for melee as a caster, not tons of ppl play in that play style so it shouldn’t affect many, but I could see some complain about it in the future maybe. Often on my necro I would root and dot to start a fight so I doubt it would change much for the now spreading idea of bone knight. Reason being; when hit with melee attacks while long casting you risk getting interrupted stunned or fizzle/fail to cast anyways so... casters playing as casters is meta for a reason over focusing on their melee play.

As for weap timer reset I do believe it is fully reset on a weap swap, this doesn’t seem to be an issue to me at all as I don’t often swap in combat. If there’s some example your specifically thinking of maybe share it so I could try it to see?
Last edited by Tiger_King; 10-30-2020 at 12:06 AM..