View Single Post
Old 02-21-2021, 11:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I gave Red an honest try not too long ago. Started an enchanter, got to level 9. What scared me off was some dude getting repeatedly killed (PvP deaths are announced server-wide). I even said something in OOC (also server-wide) along the lines of "maybe that dude has had enough?" and the response I got was "nah".

I just got to thinking I probably won't have a good time later on, with many folks on the server sweating magic resistance out of their pores and not caring about ganking a helpless enchanter (which is already not a PvP class to begin with).

On top of that, I have a dream to one day see raid content and I was essentially told that I would never get to see them on Red.

I'd be open to giving it a try again but those are the issues I currently have.
In my limited time on red the times I've seen that happen it turns out that the person being killed is afk pet camping some spawn and people pass by and wax him repeatedly and he just comes back and sets up shop again.

There's a rule on red called loot and scoot or LNS, any non afk player can call this and be given his chance to loot his corpse and vacate the camp where he got defeated. So when you see that its likely not actually bind camping (I think that's actually against the rules?) but punishing an afk camper who some would say deserves it anyway.

But don't play on red, its dead. Unless you're bored with green/blue and looking for a different take on it, its interesting despite being a brick of a server.