View Single Post
Old 09-11-2020, 12:27 PM
Kobold

I'd be good with setting the standard at 30 seconds. It seems short (like is it even enough time to go to the bathroom, let alone wash my hands?) but I definitely agree with needing to make sure people can't roll for multiple toons.

Mostly I'd just like a set standard for all rolls that's reasonable. It seems like that's 30 seconds, and if we could make that update, that'd be great.

Now for something that's sort of related, but sort of branching off topic: If we could also find ways to give people their lives back a little bit, like cutting literally all windows in half (not respawn timers, just windows), that'd be awesome. I think it'd preserve enough of the competitive and difficult nature of the game (which is indeed part of the draw that has brought us all to p99, make no mistake), while making things just a little bit more sane for a lot of people. When an average of like 300-400 man-hours of nothing but waiting and staring are occurring each time an Angry roll happens, that's just rough... and this is on the BLUE server. Think how bad things like this are going to get when the REAL try-hards on Green start going through this. Though maybe they'd just implement the list system and make people stay at their computer for 30 days straight in order to get past the Angry bottleneck. Yikes, just yikes...

My vote is to make a couple healthy adjustments. It doesn't need to be WoW-easy, nor even change the fundamental mechanic, just adjust the window so it's literally healthier.