View Single Post
Old 06-25-2020, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I personally disagree with buying Epic first. This is because Torpor is way better than Epic. You will spend all your money on Epic, get to 60, and be a sad, broke panda for a long time. Instead, you can spend 12k on fungi staff now, and then sell Fungi Staff and Fungi Tunic for Torpor the second you hit 60. Torpor will give you way more bang for your buck than epic.

EDIT: I also hasted my pet with the best haste spell. Do not use Spirit Quickening, it is garbage. Also be sure to get your 55 pet when you get to that level. It is a beast. It can tank almost any mob under 60 when that mob is slowed, and the DPS is pretty good when hasted.

EDIT: I think I actually let my pet build up agro on the mob first. This allowed me to spam JBB without needed to re-root the mobs too much. You root the mob initially, because the slow/disease DoT will set you high on the agro list initially. After a little while, the pet should take over as the top agro. This allows you to spam JBB safely, without re-rooting the mob all the time. This also saved mana. Then you just heal your pet as needed.
I think the main thing missing there is that, even without Torpor, a 60 Shaman can farm plat much faster than (say) a 50 can. Now to be fair, I have never used a Fungal Staff to level a Shaman, so I can't speak to how much it helps vs. an Epic ...

... but what I can say is that when you're doing stuff like the Sebilis King or CE camps (even in groups; you can't solo Crypt until you have Torpor) earning 100k is so much easier than when you're doing ... whatever the best thing is that a 50 Shaman can do for plat. I mean statistically speaking, if you do 6 King camps for maybe four hours each, you'll get a Fungi, and that's like half of Torpor right there (and that's IF you don't win a Torpor by amazing luck at CE).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.