View Single Post
Old 06-25-2020, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the main thing missing there is that, even without Torpor, a 60 Shaman can farm plat much faster than (say) a 50 can. Now to be fair, I have never used a Fungal Staff to level a Shaman, so I can't speak to how much it helps vs. an Epic ...

... but what I can say is that when you're doing stuff like the Sebilis King or CE camps (even in groups; you can't solo Crypt until you have Torpor) earning 100k is so much easier than when you're doing ... whatever the best thing is that a 50 Shaman can do for plat. I mean statistically speaking, if you do 6 King camps for maybe four hours each, you'll get a Fungi, and that's like half of Torpor right there (and that's IF you don't win a Torpor by amazing luck at CE).
This assumes you want to do King, or can get a King group. Not everyone has the time to sink on that camp, and you can get horribly unlucky. I myself have spent quite a bit of time there, and have yet to get even 1 Fungi Tunic to drop. No split and no roll when no Tunic drops.

Epic is really only a Leveling/Soloing tool. If you can level to 60 at roughly the same rate with the strategy I described above, there is no real reason to get Epic to level, unless you are an Iksar specifically, due to the lack of JBB. Having Torpor at 60 opens you up to way more money camps, and high level groups. You will also be more likely to get King groups. A Torpor shaman is much more appealing than a 60 Shaman without Torpor but with an Epic at that camp.