View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 11:00 PM
Planar Protector

Default Pandemic screwed essential workers trying to /list

I work for American Water (water utility) in Pennsylvania.

The Pandemic gave so many players unlimited time to /list for a legacy item.

a little rough math:

10 players on the list when I show up as #11

2 PH spawns per hour

*maybe* a 20% chance for assassin to spawn

*Maybe* a 20% chance for the guise to drop

So if a guise drops say, every other assassin spawn (being generous on drop rate)

That is a minimum of 30 hours straight in 1 sitting for spot #11 to get a mask

(I know that others have been lucky, or not lucky and camped 60 hours)

I have a job considered essential critical and I do not work from home. There is no chance in hell that I will even have an opportunity to /list for this item. I will not ever have 30+ hours to sit in front of my computer.

The Pandemic made all these lists go deep in player count, before the pandemic, players would log off because they had to go do grown up stuff, like work their job.

The Devs made the /list system to make the legacy loot distribution a little more fair.

The Pandemic has turned that fair system AGAINST players who cannot poopsock 30-60 hours.

The /list system has worked well. However something should be done to counter the Pandemic stay at home orders. (i don't have any good ideas aside from increasing spawn and drop rate)

The Pandemic made all these lists go deep in player count, before the pandemic, players would log off because they had to go do grown up stuff, like work their job.

Before the Pandemic, I would have had at least a CHANCE to camp a guise or manastone, but now, because I still have to work, and the rest of you do not, I'm shafted out of the item.

I don't want handouts, I don't even want things changed really, but it needs to be recognized that the Pandemic has caused every list to be 10+ players 24/7 with wait times ranging at a 24 hour minimum to upwards of 60-70 hours.

So maybe someone could come up with a solution, not a handout, a solution to address that players who can work from home, under the stay-at-home order have a MASSIVE advantage over people like me, who work a job considered Essential Critical, to even have half a chance in hell at obtaining a legacy item.

Due to the Pandemic, I have no chance at obtaining legacy items before they are removed.

Enjoy your lives at home if you can, just remember people like me make that life possible. People like me are the reason your electricity and water are still flowing during this public shutdown.

But you, you can have your guise and 8 manastones, sure.