View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 05:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zentile [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ambitious undertaking Axiomatic/Wazbom, I must say I'm really excited to see how it all ends up after feedback.

I have Yaolin's contact info in RL should you want to get a hold of him and walk through key assumptions. We discussed the % chance of triple attack one day in /gu and I believe his most recent thoughts were that 20% of double attacks becomes a triple attack (far below your 50% assumption).

Also, any thoughts on making this Monk/Ranger/Rogue usable?

Zentile

Thanks Z.

Adjustments for other classes should hinge exclusively on their respective Dual Wield / Double Attack skill values by level, and their "MaxSkill" value for each. The chance to Dual Wield or Double Attack on a given combat round is (Level + Skill) / MaxSkill, where MaxSkill is a fixed class-based number.

For warriors, this value is 500 for Duel Wield and 600 for Double Attack, thus rates for each are calculated as (Level + Skill) / 500 for Dual Wield Chance and (Level + Skill) / 600 for Double Attack Chance. For Monks, I think I've seen these values as 400 and 500 respectively in some other threads, but I need to confirm. Modifying my linked spreadsheet with this for each class should be pretty straightforward.

As for Triple Attack Rate (20% of DAs in your /gu convo vs. my assumption of 50% of DAs), you can see the discussion of it in Yaolin's original thread and where I got the 50% guess - but this should be pretty easy to measure for a 60 warrior and a simple parse.

Edit: Nevermind, looks like I misread the brief mention on Triple Attack Rate:

Quote:
IIRC the triple attack chance is 1/2 of the double attack chance and fires only on successful double attacks. Warrior DA chance should be (250+60)/600 -> about 50%, so basically it should be: 1/2 single attack, 3/8 double attack, 1/8 triple attack.
I've got it firing too frequently; will update.
Last edited by Launch; 05-22-2017 at 05:56 PM..