View Single Post
Old 06-21-2022, 02:32 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Question Mage epic - no longer possible to complete?

Hello fellow EQ players,

I played a mage on live back in 1999-2002, long story short I never managed to complete my mage epic, and now I'm back to experience all of EQ again with the ambition to complete that goal, once again.

Had a few chats with people on my selected server (Blue), and they all told me that there is no point in even going for it (roll another character if you are interested in obtaining your epic), obviously, this lowered my morale somewhat.

I have no idea if it's true, but apparently, there is a very small group of people "living in Hate, farming the Earth staff - constantly". Selling it for Multiquest for a minimum of 800k plat.

I have no idea if this is true, and this is obviously within their right as the spawns are contested.

But for a level 1 mage who is about to start a new journey, am I totally screwed when it comes to obtaining the mage epic? Also, would it be in my best interest to roll on Green instead?

I'm not in a rush, I just want to have a realistic chance of having a fantastic journey and ultimately reaching my goal.

Thanks for any input/advice!