Thread: Miscellaneous: Lost/Nerfed Item Compilation
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 08:59 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Got this link a few months back. Would be nice to actually have the links associated with each entry. Tried finding some info and some of these items only existed after Velious. Others are already beyond the timeline the server is currently in, but should definitely be implemented at some point for any future servers.

I'm definitely interested in finding out more info about the removal of some of Inny's weapons.
I did include the links I used at the beginning of the work. Some of those sites are gone now, unfortunately, and you can't even get to them using the Wayback Machine. There also used to be a really great blog out there that included a lot of these removed items, but sadly, it and it's archive was erased. But my sources are listed, and I did think about including a link for each item, but that would have made the thing huge! It's already 86 pages [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

As for Inny's weapons, Hate got a lot of revamping early on. They made a first attempt at the zone after launch, but weren't happy with it, so they changed a bunch on Inny and the Maestro. Verant never officially talked about these changes much, but I can only guess that they felt some of these items were too powerful or caused programing glitches and had to be removed or nerfed.