View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 10:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since I've seen a lot of feedback since the merger of Green/Teal, I thought I would address the players as to why and how it was done. As Rogean stated here; the population has been closely monitored since the creation of the Teal server. Collectively, we felt that the population of both servers (Green and Teal) during prime time reached the threshold we had in mind and it was decided that it was time to merge.
This should have been better communicated to the players, and I will take the hit on that. Rogean handled majority of the grunt work, and the transition went as smooth as we had hoped (corpses, lists, Guilds, faction values, inventories etc). Moving forward, I'll work with Administration to ensure there's better communication between us and the players.

- Lland
We greatly appreciate this Llandris!

A question though: A driving reason for the split was due to congestion, and not just at the low levels. There was also a concern about the high volume of players at end-game during this era. Did that concern change, despite the population staying relatively close to what was deemed too high?

You'll note here in Rogean's post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was also important to consider the affect such a population will have once the majority of players start reaching end game zones, of which there are a very limited amount, particularly in Classic. The fact is, even at concurrent numbers of 1500 to 2000, it is simply too many players for pre-Kunark.
He states a long-term concern of what would happen to the server with a large population (1500-2000) pre-Kunark. At the time I ask this, we're at 1200...and that's with the overall totals taking a hit due to frustrations over the merge. Additionally, not only are we still pre-kunark but we don't even have all of Classic available. I think the community understands how much you all do, and values and respects your decisions. I think many of us are simply curious why now, so suddenly, when it appears we are still within the parameters that was initially deemed to be problematic and warranting of a second server.