View Single Post
Old 08-07-2020, 07:43 PM
Aviak

AoN also gives small races an indoor and outdoor grow, something you can’t do with pots in this era. Ever been a gnome trying to climb steps in plate house or make the jumps in ToV to FTE? And because I know someone is gonna scream about AoN on FTE, you can’t get yellow text in skellie form, but there is no rule preventing you from overcoming a racial height disadvantage for the jump then clicking it off on your way up before yellow text. The rule was instated to force visible names in fraps and clicking off the buff after the jump still ensures their name is visible in your fraps so that you can petition everyone who beats you to FTE. You know who you are.

Also, AoN makes you apprehensive in the OT outpost, so you can stockpile 16 10-slot bags worth of braids, minus one or two slots and borrow an AoN from a friend or guildee, then do enough turn ins to make you apprehensive without it, so that you can work up that VS faction.

The AoN is incredibly useful for overcoming size issues, faction, and honestly I just prefer the extra screen real estate provided when someone passes their AoN around and everyone is nearly invisible while sitting. You other PCs are screen clutter!

Is it worth 6 figures to gain all that from one item? Well I suppose that’s an entirely individual valuation.