View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 07:07 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not aware of sony filing any lawsuits against eqemu or p99, but if they did, clearly they weren't successful because here we are; the server continues to operate out in the open. I'm just saying there's a logical reason not to worry too much about it just based on how the last 11 years have gone, but I'm no expert either.
you could be 100 percent correct. I am just going off what I remember which was years ago when I wasnt really active in the EQ community. I am just going off what I recall reading which is bits and pieces here and there. Like I stated before I am not worried about the company trying to lawyerquest p99 out of existence, I am more worried about them going under after acquiring the IP and trademarks and what happens next. I am looking at multiple things.

1 company recently changed names - they usually only do that for mergers or to avoid legal litigation under a previous name

2 a few of their top exec's have jumped ship and sold out but still retain partial ownership

3 they list companies that a few of their developers have worked on but no specific games they worked on, if they had worked on Fortnite you can bet they would list it

4 they are in an incredible aggressive over leveraged expansion

5 they fail to preform even close to industry metrics on any charts and far underpreform

6 most of their financial ratios are in the toilet

7 they took out 900 million while acquiring a company for 300 million ( also yes I understand they arent issuing this debt all at once, it will be through offerings)

8 disregarding the 900 million and looking at the 300 million they bought it for and their own projected returns you are looking at 12-13 years just to pay back the principle before they see a return. In the gaming world theres a lot of games that come and go within 13 years and their projections can dwindle quickly if they cant provide new content. - compare it to the blue population once green opened up. no new content people look for other stuff. I simply dont see them having the capital to maintain or get a return and still being able to develop new content.