View Single Post
Old 09-09-2021, 11:35 PM
Fire Giant

Default Question about Blue pre-Kunark

Reading some of the "best players ever on P1999" had me thinking about some older EQ memories, so I'd like some clarification on what was occurring on Blue during a specific period of the Box's history.

In the months leading up to Kunark Launch on Blue (I believe June 2011), Fippy Darkpaw released as a successful TLP server for Daybreak. I joined up with a crew named Twisted Legion, who had come from P1999 and (I believe) were a faction of IB that jumped ship. Granted, I had no idea what any of these names meant at the time, nor what P1999 was, so I didn't keep track of who was who.

Does anyone remember what was going on guild wise during Late 2010-Early 2011 that would have led a group of serious neckbeards (and these guys were sweaty as fuck) to switch to a Daybreak server? Were they actually IB? They definitely were knowledgeable of hardcore PvE racing mechanics for the Classic era (rezzing up islands in PoSky sort of stuff) so I wouldn't be surprised if they had been raiding on Blue before switching over to Fippy.

Thanks!
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid