View Single Post
Old 12-21-2016, 10:35 AM
Fire Giant

Default Locking Into a Mob That Was Previously Locked

As the last thread fizzled out because no one wanted to discuss it, I am bringing the discussion back with actual scenarios that should be addressed.

We are all aware that you can lock into a mob after a raid has wiped to that mob or the hour lock has expired. What about legitimate ways to obtain this new lock?

Sirken wrote, in reply to an old question:

Quote:
4) the guild has 60 min to engage the raid target. if they wipe, or exceed the 60 min limit on engaging, the raid target then becomes FFA and these footrace rules do not apply.
Scenario:
<Guild A> locks in on Target. <Guild A> pulls Target but wipes or an hour elapses.

1) Target is at his spawn point. Either the hour has expired or <Guild A> wiped and Target has successfully pathed back to his spawn.
  • Can <Guild B> Call of the Hero a member of their guild near Target's spawn point to tag Target for a new lock?
  • Can <Guild B> gate a member of their guild near Target's spawn point to tag Target for a new lock?
  • Can <Guild B> log in a member of their guild near Target's spawn point to tag Target for a new lock?

The referenced quote of Sirken says, these footrace rules do not apply. This would imply these are acceptable, provided you are not violating Tracker FTE. Gating or logging in on top of Target's spawn point in my mind would violate this.

2) Target is pathing back from wiping <Guild A>
  • Can <Guild C> Call of the Hero a member of their guild into Target's path back to his spawn to tag Target for a new lock?
  • Can <Guild C> gate a member of their guild into Target's path back to his spawn to tag Target for a new lock?
  • Can <Guild C> log in a member of their guild into Target's path back to his spawn to tag Target for a new lock?

Again, per the quote, I would guess that as long as Tracker FTE is not obtained, all of this would be an acceptable way to lock in.

I do not see any requirements to obtain subsequent FTEs, as long as your Tracker does not get it. If we could have a civil discussion on this topic, and maybe if Sirken has some thoughts, I believe it would benefit all of us to be on the same page.