View Single Post
Old 12-22-2016, 01:57 PM
Aviak

IMO -- the "after a wipe, the mob is free" is too open to interpretation. We had issues where we had the dragon in camp, and due to other trains, other dragons, we had to zone out from a bad pull and re-set up. I personally wouldn't consider that a wipe, but I can see the other side too.

I think it would be a lot simpler and completely unambiguous if the rules just said (Wipes are removed):
Guild is locked into mob for 60 minutes after legit FTE. After 60 minute timer expires, a new FTE can be achieved by ANY guild (even same guild) who starts racing from the racing line as soon as the 60 minute timer unlocks, and rinse/repeat these rules until mob is dead.

IE:
If AG FTE'd at 12:04:08 server time, racers cannot start running until 13:04:08.

I think that's more in line with what the 'spirit' of the racing is all about, and would make it completely clear to everyone.

It doesn't happen a lot, but when mobs do pass the 60 minute timer, it's always a big mess as to whether you can start running before the 60 minute timer expires .. and apparently whether you can log in a char camped near spawn spot. We don't want to break the rules either in CSG, but we are also a little unclear.

Aftermath's mage at the PoM spot would be no different than CSG/Awakened/Rustle/whoever having a monk FD'd at the 4way, and tag the mob as he pathed back home for the new FTE.

Or you (staff) could say:
If mob A isn't killed within 60 mins, no rules apply on achieving the next FTE, as long as it's at the 60:00:01 mark from the initial FTE

If "wipes" are staying in the rules to free up a mob from the lock , I think the rule should be:
A new FTE cannot be achieved until the mob resets at its' spawn spot. No racing needed. Camp chars underneath the spawn spot if you want... don't care!

I would be fine with any rule TBH, CSG could use some clarity as well !