View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Wizard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
everquest is zerg oriented until instances
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siege [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're complaining about a symptom of Classic EverQuest's open-world design. Any MMO without instancing is inevitably going to be dominated by mega-guilds. Aside from opening a new server with instanced dungeons, nothing can be done to combat the zerg.
Mostly this: zerg guilds are classic as fuck. Really the only unclassic thing is the exact size: I don't think pre-Kunark guilds ever got quite this big, but that's a classic environment, not mechanics issue.

That being said, all humans in systems behave according to how those systems lead them to behave. If Rogean starts punishing guilds for ____ this week, you can guarantee those guilds won't do _____ again next week (though they'll probably try doing it again in a few months).

My point is, Rogean could solve this extremely easily. He could limit guilds to a certain number and not let invites work after that. Raid zones could simply start zoning out every guild member after the Nth that enters. And there's probably at least ten other different options I'm too lazy to think up right now.

If Rogean wanted, he could make everything MUCH more about skill and playing the game well, and MUCH less about uber nerds recruiting as many other nerds as they possibly can to make things as easy as possible.

But again, the reason I think he'll likely never do that (or at least, not on Green/Teal) is ... zerg guilds are classic as fuck.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.