View Single Post
Old 11-15-2022, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

I think that the player triggered progression is a bit too much. There are people that will bumrush content just to delete the server before most people even hit level 30.

PVP on EMU is lacking severely in an area where many of the actual live 1999 pvp'ers had some very fond memories, specifically in the low level PVP area.

Most EMU servers fail to incentivize anyone to be anywhere below maximum level. A server that forces a level maximum for a period of time will mean there will be timespans where the maximum level is 10, and then the maximum level is 20, and so on.

The incentive for people to actually gear up to their best extent during the level 10 cap is that it will empower them in the journey from level 10 to level 20. This pattern will continue.

This would have players competing at various class balance levels as class abilities shift as levels progress, and also they would get the chance to push the limits of what can be accomplished at level 20 and so on.

For each epoch there can be a winning PVP'er or a winning guild, or whatever.

Fact is that the game favors casters in many ways at low levels, but all players know this going in and I don't think a lot of balance is needed. If everyone is going to be a wizard or a mage or a druid or something, thats fine. Wizards have mana enough to kill 1 player before OOM at low levels that means you gotta be pretty clever to avoid death and rack up kills as a pure caster at low levels. While if you're a melee or hybrid you can get into the action more easily but can be CC'd

Maybe allow egg shaped pumice or something.

I love pvp theoryquest as much as the next guy but there has been a lot lately. Old PVP's idea is a really good hybrid idea that the bluebies would probably -love- if they weren't so afraid of it. Your idea is more catered towards a server that won't last.

I think the best server that won't last format is the classic DISCORD server and it just has a hard END date and someone will be the total victor and enter the hall of fame, and then it restarts.

i think that DISCORD server should allow the winner to choose ANY item from the game to be given to his character of choice on his server of choice, to make it a viable way for bluebies to try to gear their characters with dragon loot or whatever crap they have always wanted. Make the competition real, get the blue guys involved.

Old world only

Max level 50
Permadeath
6 month run time or 3 month
Winner gets any item in the game for one of his characters. Must register accounts viable for transferring item at time of character creation or whatever so people can't sell the reward.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 11-15-2022 at 01:54 PM..