View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 01:51 PM
Aviak

Thanks for the link! Definitely some high level interweb necromancy LOL. I tinkered around with it a bit last night and managed to extract a simple untextured wagon object from West Freeport. It is a start! Disclaimer: I know next to nothing about working with 3D models which is no doubt the cause of some of my issues below. This will definitely be a learning process for me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

So far, I haven't been able to do anything with the extracted objects in Blender, but I have been able to open them in other apps such as 3D Builder and 3D Viewer.

I'm having some issues trying to do an entire zone. When I extract the entire West Freeport zone and open it in either 3D Builder or 3D Viewer, it seems to be a jumbled mess of untextured polygons.

I'm going to keep poking around and learn as I go. But if anyone has the know-how and patience to help a total newbie with some pointers, I'll be incredibly grateful [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

EDIT: My goal is to hopefully be able to take a zone file, such as freportw.s3d, and open it up in another program (such as Blender) with everything properly placed and fully textured, and start poking around.

And that video was AWESOME! Something like that wasn't what I had in mind when I decided to start poking around these 3D models, but that might have to change LOL.
Last edited by Wolfshead Sky; 01-03-2019 at 02:19 PM..