View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 02:21 AM
Planar Protector

This is absolutely not classic. Taking a single point of damage or moving in any way (including sitting or standing) always interrupted bind wound. I used to try and sit while using bind wound, it never worked. I was constantly summoning bandages for people as a Mage and using bind wound to assist with heals when needed; nobody was ever able to use it like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
there's definitely a reason people weren't doing this in classic.

My suspicions: either combat swings didn't happen while binding wound and/or...
Combat swings worked differently in 1999 as well. Doing any kind of input that wasn't an instant skill like kick or an instant social, would reset the auto-attack timer (casting a spell, using an item - *even ones with instant activation like JBoots*, starting a bind wound), and it wouldn't start again until you were finished with whatever you were activating. It was VERY important back then to wait for your swing if you wanted to cast a spell while trying to melee, and then immediately cast the spell, because otherwise you were delaying yourself from attacking that much longer. The only exception was Bard songs.

Even after they changed the way auto attacks worked, your bind wound still got cancelled if you were to try and stand up and attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another trick, if you have a heal breastplate (or any spell really), is you can click breastplate, click bind wound through the actions window, click stand through the actions window and then complete both bind wound and spell.
This also never worked in classic. Trying to bind wound while casting would just result in a "you are busy" message, or whatever the exact wording was. Same thing with trying to open the spellbook while casting.