Thread: New World
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2021, 03:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I assume it will be much more mass open world PVP in the center area but the way the hubs are set up seems very Lineage 2 and the map assuming its larger will have a heavy pvp combat middle area that is open pvp like emain in Daoc fighting for relic boosts kind of thing they will be more sought after but it will be more open battle rather than instanced battle like in the beta.

Also assume servers will then be way more clustered as the map will have way more people on it being bigger. All the beach is a spawning zone.

The preview/closed just seem more like a demo procured for testing mainly. The map alone looks like 10% of a map.
Yeah, there was tons of open world PVP going on in the last beta! With the PvP faction quests and the general 5% xp boost for having PvP flag enabled, I'm sure there will be a lot of open PvP going on in the world. Personally, I only flagged a handful of times in the beta because I was mostly trying to experience the game mechanics and tradeskills and stuff. Will definitely flag up more at launch.

The map will definitely be larger, whether that's at launch or soon after that. I saw video of a beta tester glitching into a desert zone on the West side of the beta-playable map that was not populated with mobs, but had regional name popups at he ran around. Clearly a zone in development and intended for release. The in-game map also showed a lot of northern areas with roads that just lead off into grey areas, likely where the map will continue expansion.