View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 02:00 PM
Sarnak

Default Necro-specific - what about PBAOE coupled with FD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is an over simplified summary of PL'ing in my own humble opinion:

Bards : best PL'er , can do all the way to 60 if they desired. You can aoe non damage aggro, silly DS stacking potential, regen and every other tool in the book

Druid: can probably take you up to 40ish before it just becomes out of group duo which is probably the loosest version of a "powerlevel" you can feasibly describe. Really just heal snare thorns is all you need

Enchanter: aoe non damage aggro, runes, some neat DS stackability but ultimately, I think you need somewhat decent gear to do this past like level 15 and it's still basically on par with druid imo.

Flop PL (necro monk): slowest , most tedious method. FD class nearly kills mob, you have to finish it off. Only works with 1 mob at a time. Not really even a PL, I wouldnt pay for this service but if a friend offered to do it, then sure I'll participate. The monk will get a red con mob to 5% and it starts fleeing while you furiously try to do 5% damage to the red con mob on your low level wizard with no skills or mana whatsoever and then the other half the time the monk / necro will accidentally kill the mob before scenario one can ensue.

The real draw of powerleveling is being able to use a high level bard. If you're not using a high level bard then you're already only capable of PL'ing for roughly half the total levels in the game and not even the profitable half. You can charge by the hour but I feel this is not a good way to operate if you are a sane person. Imagine the effort of PL'ing someone and know you still have 48 minutes before you get another tick of 500p.

This my 2cents on PL's
Love this detail and input! Regarding Necro PL:

For lower level PL, would it be feasible for a necro to PBAOE a bunch of mobs (ie max 25 mobs) and then FD once they're all about 5%? Would have to exercise caution / pick correct PBAOE so as to not kill the mobs, of course.

I haven't PL'd a ton on my necro but definitely see some potential with the FD approach, perhaps utilizing PBAOE might get around the "one mob at a time" factor?