View Single Post
Old 10-27-2021, 11:49 PM
Banned

This is kind of dark humor comedy, but it came on Sirius comedy station when I had that and it reminded me of work

I sometimes have to do critical incident stress debriefings which is talking to usually a group of people who have recently witnessed a traumatic event involving loss such as a suicide or murder/accidental death. These are usually set up ideally a few days to a week after the event occurred. If it is hours after the event it’s instead referred to as mental health first aid and it tends to be a lot easier, because people are still typically in a state of complete shock and so they don’t engage much, and just tend to give a thousand yard stare into nothingness. If it’s a few days to a week later not only are people no longer in a state of shock but can also process how the event has negatively impacted their functioning (nightmares, loss of appetite, inability to concentrate, etc)

It’s always good to help people, but these are always difficult because it’s a lot of tears and sorrow poured out, which can bring you down a bit no matter who you are. I’ve also been asked to give death notifications such as telling someone their parent just died a few hours ago. This should be more of a family member’s, clergy, or police’s place, and luckily there has always been one of these who can do it

But this bit about a rabbit reminded me of it:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=