View Single Post
Old 08-17-2019, 11:10 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guild Wars 1 is still the best PvP game ever! I'm not into PvE there though (well, anywhere, compared to the 1999 Everquest experience).

I hope you manage to get something worthwhile out of this server! It's a shadow of what Everquest really was, but at least the zone design and stuff can still be interesting to check out, if you've not seen it before. I would recommend to not try too hard here and just experience it rather than try to "beat" it. That will put you more in the mindset of how the game is supposed to play and maybe help to reveal more glimpses into what made it special.
That's the main reason I wanted to try Everquest out, to experience it. Today most games are just so overloaded with constant rewards, daily quests and so on, that the experience itself is just lost. I want to get the sense of adventure and challenge, that used to be in such games.

Also, I'm really looking forward to playing Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen and what better preperation as Everquest? =D