View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 10:15 AM
Banned

I can say with 100% certainty that you only need to give your charm pet a torch (or any item that is "secondary" only) and it will quad.

It doesn't need a primary. If you have a torch, you have a quadding pet.

@OP - if you're solo, don't bother weaponizing...especially at low level. Focus on not dying. Keep your kill target rooted so you only have 1 thing running at you on breaks, use a stun + level 4 mez on breaks to give yourself time to re-tash and charm.

Couple of things I didn't know while leveling up: AoE mez (Mesmerization) and level 4 mez (Mesmerize) are interchangeable...meaning AoE mez can over-write level 4 mez, and vice a versa. Any higher level mez will NOT work with AoE mez. AoE mez scared the hell out of me when I was new to the game which is why I didn't discover this for an embarrassingly long time.

I can count on one hand the number of situations where you'll need to use anything more than a 24 second duration mez. It costs 20 mana.

Later on when you're doing a camp and want to keep / weaponize a pet...you can calm the mob while its still charmed, break charm w/ invis, root, mez, and mem blur. The mob will forget everything you've done to it, and will sit there for the duration of the root regening HP like a freight train. It also won't aggro you while your calm spell is on it (3 min duration).

If I had known these things while I was leveling, it would have been so much easier. I was using max level mez and not knowing about torches, etc until almost 50. I was so naive.

Hit me up if you have any more questions along the way. Love helping new enchanters out now that I (kind of) know what I'm doing. I'm not a pro by any stretch of the imagination but I can learn ya on the basics.
Last edited by kjs86z; 02-12-2019 at 10:18 AM..