View Single Post
Old 08-07-2021, 06:41 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wouldn't call the Paladin a "good" melee solo'er past 50, but people have solo'd them to 60 so it's possible. With a Druid partner and some cheap health recovery like a Deepwater Helm it's definitely doable, albeit it won't set speed records. That's all the more reason to pick a class you enjoy playing, since you can expect to be playing it for awhile.

From what you describe as your goals it sounds like the Dru/Pal duo should serve your purpose. With lull splitting you can work your way from Guk or Sol-B through most of Sebilis, some of Velketor, most of the Hole, and so forth. With charm or the use of some click items there's space for more advanced progression and some ability to experiment in some out of the way places. You should be able to do much of Plane of Mischief for example. If I don't call it quite the top tier for duos, it's certainly not junk either, and ought to fit the bill you describe.

Danth
That's awesome to hear, thank you very much. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

We don't expect to be a duo on the level of Cleric/Enchanter or anything like that, but having a good amount of the game be accessible to us is what we were hoping for. And that's not even counting the fact that we could always invite more people who are interested later on as well.

I hear you on the class choice as well. I genuinely think I will like Druid. I liked Wizard but got sick of the class not being able to get into groups (spent a whole day just LFGing in the Hole a while ago, still feeling kinda scarred by that), and I wasn't afraid to reroll from Shaman after I ended up not liking that class either. But the Druid is chugging along pretty nicely and at the moment I can see it being my future main.